Please Share This as much as possible..
The Kartik Festival has begun for 1 month from 8th October till 6th November. It’s a wonderful period of the year to deepen one’s relationship with Radhey shyam. All spiritual activities performed during this month are multiplied a hundred to a thousand times!
3. Daily worship, water, circumambulate (min. four times) and chant in front of Tulasi Devi and pray for eternal residence in Sri Vrindavana-Dhama.
4. Daily hear Hari-Katha from elevated Vaishnavas (esp. the story about Gajendra, the elephant, from Srimad Bhagavatam)
5. Chant extra rounds of Hare Krishna maha-mantra on your beads and perform extra Harinama-sankirtana (“jagaran” – try to stay up on certain nights, e.g. Ekadasi)
6. Practise brahmacarya all month and sleep on the floor.
7. Visit holy places such as Vrindavana-Dhama, Sridhama Mayapur and Jagannatha Puri and take bath in sacred waters (Radha-Kunda, Ganges, etc.)
8. Observe all the festivals during the Kartik-masa such as Goverdhana Puja, Diwali, etc. (“Festivals are the mother of devotion.”)
9. Give in charity to deserving Vaishnavas/Brahmanas.
10. Daily recite Sri Siksatakam and Upadesamrita and deeply meditate on the meaning of the verses.
The Padma Purana describes the month of Kartik as Krishna’s favourite month. Devotional activities performed during this holy month are rewarded with greater spiritual results than usual so devotees often take vows to increase their spiritual practices or to simplify their material needs for the entire month. It is a way that they can remember Krishna more and in
crease their service to Him.
The Padma Purana further recommends the daily offering of a ghee lamp to Krishna during Kartik so in ISKCON temples around the world devotees offer ghee lamps to Krishna either in the morning or evening while singing the Damodaraska prayers. These beautiful verses taught to the devotees by Srila Prabhupada glorify the Damodar pastime of Krishna which occurred during the Kartik month. The month of Kartik is the best and most glorious of all months. Kartik month is particularly dear to Lord Sri Krishna. This month is full of bhakta vatsalya. Any vrata, even the smallest, will yield huge results. The effect of performing a Kartik Vrata lasts for one hundred lifetimes, Kartik or the festival of offering lamps to Lord Krishna, glorifies Lord Krishna’s pastime of being bound with ropes by Mother Yashoda.
We wish you a lot of inspiration and deep realizations! Jaya Radha Krsna!
“Pure devotional service to Me which, because it places Me under My devotee’s dominion, is very difficult to attain, is easily attained by following this vow in Mathura during Karttika.”
“In the month of Kartik, which is very dear to Sri Hari, one who bathes early in the morning attains the merit of bathing in all places of pilgrimage. Anybody who offers the Lord a ghee lamp in the month of Kartik, O brahmana, becomes free from all kinds of sins, such as killing a brahmana, and he goes to the abode of Lord Hari.” (Brahma Khanda).
In the month of Karttika, one should daily worship Lord Damodara and sing the Damorashtaka (the eight prayers of Lord Damodara) which pleases Lord Damodara, written by the sage named Satyavrata. – (HARI BHAKTI VILASA 16/198)