Bhaktivedanta Institute of Higher Education (BIHE):
- To systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all peoples in the techniques of spiritual life in order to check the imbalance of values in life and to achieve real unity and peace in the world.
- To propagate a consciousness of Krsna, as it is revealed in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam.
- To train qualified teachers or mentors in order to develop contemporary lessons to help scientists, educators, engineers, technologists, researchers, etc. understand the true values of our ancient Vedic civilization.
- To equip students with the ability to see the world through the eyes of Scriptures.
- To lead a quality life of spiritual discipline amidst any calamities.
- To imbibe the mood of predecessor Acharyas of Gaudiya Vaishnavism.
- To facilitate systematic study of books by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.
- To set the lifestyle and/ or aim of one’s life based on scriptures and/or its practical applications.
- To inspire and inculcate the values & culture of Gaudiya Vaishnavism among all students.
- To discuss, understand, apply and/or teach by example the philosophical purports from books of Srila Prabhupada.
- To conduct practical activities to understand the practical lessons in the scriptures.
- To learn how to cooperate with other members in spite of one’s personal differences.
- To understand and apply the best practices in the mode of goodness.
- To facilitate the study and understanding of the predecessor Acharyas.
- To know, understand and apply the subtle principles embedded in the scriptures.
I wish to encourage all my disciples to very carefully learn this philosophy…
In January of 1970 we will be holding an examination among all of our students on this book, and those who will pass shall be awarded with the title of Bhakti-sastri. With these examinations I wish to encourage all my disciples to very carefully learn this philosophy of Kåñëa Consciousness because there is so many preachers who will be required to bring this message to all of the corners of the earth.
— Letter to: Mahapurusa, Los Angeles 7 February, 1969