In Chapter Thirteen of Nectar of Devotion Srila Prabhupada describes five potent forms of devotional service:
- serving the Deity with great devotion
- recitation of Srimad-Bhagavatam among devotees
- associating with advanced devotees
- chanting the holy name of the Lord
- living in the holy dhama.
He indicates that by engaging in these activities even a neophyte can make rapid advancement and experience transcendental ecstasy. In Caitanya-caritamrta Krishnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami describes that even a slight performance of panca anga bhakti awakens love for Krishna.
At the Mayapur Institute we provide an environment conducive for devotees to practice these five potent forms of devotional service to their hearts content. Participants have easy access to serene places to study, potent places of pilgrimage, great association, gorgeous Deities to worship, an enlivening morning and evening program, nice accommodations, and great prasadam. We are eagerly inviting you to join us in Sri Mayapur Dhama for the upcoming Bhakti-sastri Course. Then please stay in Mayapur for the Gaura Purnima Courses, from which you can acquire powerful devotional and life skills that will help you become more effective instruments of the parampara. You may also participate in the Sat-sanga Seminars, and the Navadvipa Dhama Parikramas during both the Bhakti-sastri Course and the Gaura Purnima Festival. We can assure you that you will have very memorable and deeply satisfying experiences.
Based upon feedback from our former students, you can expect to increase in the following, after taking this Bhakti-sastri Course:
- attraction and attachment for reading Srila Prabhupada’s books,
- desire to preach and teach,
- compassion for others,
- how to work in team spirit
- taste in chanting japa and kirtan,
- effectiveness in giving classes,
- friendships with devotees,
- depth of relationship with Navadvipa Dhama,
- Krishna conscious realizations,
- love for Srila Prabhupada’s movement, the previous acaryas, and Krishna.